Monday, January 28, 2019

Ribs and Butcherbox

So let me tell you about my dinner last night.

First I have to tell you again about the wonders of vacuum sealing.

We've been doing vacuum sealing of food for a little over a year now.  The length of time we can store food, both raw and cooked is amazing.  Jennifer has been eating on frozen, vacuum sealed peach halves for months.

Towards the end of the summer last year, I signed up for Butcherbox.  What sold me was that the offer when I signed up was free ground beef with every delivery for as long as I use the service.  The first package came with a mini-recipe book, and for the ribs that I got with my latest delivery, I used the pork rub recipe.

The ribs sat for about a week in just the fridge, then Saturday afternoon I applied the rub, and Sunday I cooked them up.  All it took was an hour on the grill on medium-low.

Don't they look amazing?


I really should have taken a picture before I cut them.  However, I still have another half rack, so I'll be experimenting again.

Now, Butcherbox is pretty great.  The food all comes vacuum sealed, frozen, and shipped in green Styrofoam pellets and dry ice.

The latest deal they're offering is if you sign up with a referral both of you get you get free salmon in your first box.  Interested?  Go here, and use my e-mail "schadwen@yahoo.com".

No comments: