Thursday, January 24, 2019

Visulaization

So, as promised, here are photos.


I couldn't remember when I was typing, but I double-checked, and it is a Woflgang Puck dutch oven.  Not that is necessarily indicative of quality, just what it is.


Here's the Cincinnati chili.  I did it a little different not adding onions, but using onion powder instead.  I also didn't add the vinegar that it calls for.  Everything else was as written.


The first time he made it, Dad put the chili in ceramic boats, and we cut the pasta and ate it almost like a loaf.  Mine wasn't that thick (I had to set the lid a bit off to get it to cook down.  Dutch ovens are great for keeping in the moisture.), but it turned out thick enough.

It's also traditional to top it with sharp or extra sharp cheddar, but we were out having used up the cheddar for the last time I made chili.  Instead I used Colby jack.  It added a nice smoothness to the recipe.



No comments: