Thursday, October 10, 2024

Quotes - Part Twenty

276.                   I loved her, not for the way she danced with my angels… But for the way the sounds of her name could silence my demons.

--Raul Julia as Gomez Addams in “Addams Family Values”

277.                   It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct

--Michio Kaku

278.                   I’m not the first person to make this point, but ladies, if they’re going to put you in jail for an abortion, you might as well kill your rapist, and get a 2 for 1.

--@kamiroart

279.                   If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we’ve solved it.

--Kasspe

280.                   Dreams save us.  Dreams lift us up an transform us.  And on my soul I swear… until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share… I’ll never stop fighting. Ever.

--Joe Kelly, said by Superman in Action Comics #775

281.                   Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams.

--Mary Kelly

282.                   I love that Dr. Strange didn’t get a superhero name when he got his powers.  He was like, “I went to medical school and this magic thing is a hobby.”

--Ryan Ken

283.                   I’m amazed by people who lose weight with exercise.  When I exercise, nothing happens because my DNA still thinks I’m a European peasant.  So, it’s like, Oh! Ae running from the English again, lass?  Dinnae ye worry: we’ll keep ye plump as a partridge to outlast the murderous bastards.”

--Jamie Kenney

284.                   A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.

--John F. Kennedy

285.               Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

--John F. Kennedy

286.               Moving in together with a man is like buying something you have long admired in a shop window. You’re exalted when you bring it home, but you soon discover that it doesn’t match the rest of the furniture.

--Jean Kerr

287.               Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.

--John Maynard Keynes

288.               Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build bridges even when there are no rivers.

--Nikita Khrushchev

289.               I can’t think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and not being able to remember their name, or how you met, or why they’re dead.

--Laura Kightlinger

290.               Some people say that I must be a horrible person, but that’s not true. I have the heart of a young boy… in a jar on my desk.

--Stephen King, March 8, 1990

291.               When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, “Why god? Why me?” and the thundering voice of God answered, “There’s just something about you that pisses me off.”

---Stephen King

292.               It is now proved beyond doubt that smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.

--Fletcher Knebel

293.               The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language.

--D. E. Knuth, 1967

294.               I would love to speak a foreign language but I can’t. So I grew hair under my arms instead.

--Sue Kolinsky

295.               In the beginning the world was without form, and void. And God said “Let there be light.” And God separated the light from the dark. And did two loads of laundry.

--Kevin Krisciunas

296.               Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions; it only guarantees equality of opportunity.

--Irving Kristol

297.               My favorite novelization was “The Passion of the Christ”, except it had a lot of exposition about some people who weren’t even in the movie, and it was a bit preachy, but otherwise, A+ material.

--kthejoker, on Everything2

298.               How can you NOT know that Big Macs are fattening? The Big Mac is the international unit of measuring unhealthy food. Whenever they discover something is bad for you, they tell you how many Big Macs it’s worth.

--Cole Richards, in PvP by Scott Kurtz

299.               I found this job that I get to watch strippers a lot, but it pays negative 20 bucks an hour

                       --Greg Lavery, The Perfect Dark Elite

300.                   I’ve never liked backwards ideas. It always sounds like you’ve run out of forwards ideas.

--Gilson Lavis, former drummer with Squeeze

No comments: