The first book is quickly engaging and they were all books that I would rather have read than done anything else.
What I did notice was the subtle work Lynch had put into creating a culture that mostly treated men and women equally including same sex relations.
However, now that I'm done, I have to wait for the next books to come out.
So let's look at the series I'm in the middle of:
- Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden chronicles
- George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire
- Charles Stross' Laundry Files
- Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series
- Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives
- Terry Pratchett's Discworld
First off, I'll admit that it's a great dilemma to be in, because many other series have ended.
- Kim Harrison's Tales from the Hollows
- Jim Butcher's Codex Alera
- Robert Jordan's (with the help of Brandon Sanderson) The Wheel of Time
- Frank Herbert's Stories of Dune
- Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy
- Fred Saberhagen's Books of Swords
- Larry Niven's Ringworld (so it would seem)