Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Pain of Waiting

So, yesterday on BART, I finished the third book in Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards series.

The first book is quickly engaging and they were all books that I would rather have read than done anything else.

What I did notice was the subtle work Lynch had put into creating a culture that mostly treated men and women equally including same sex relations.

However, now that I'm done, I have to wait for the next books to come out.

So let's look at the series I'm in the middle of:

  • Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden chronicles
  • George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire
  • Charles Stross' Laundry Files
  • Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series
  • Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives
  • Terry Pratchett's Discworld

First off, I'll admit that it's a great dilemma to be in, because many other series have ended.

  • Kim Harrison's Tales from the Hollows
  • Jim Butcher's Codex Alera
  • Robert Jordan's (with the help of Brandon Sanderson) The Wheel of Time
  • Frank Herbert's Stories of Dune
  • Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy
  • Fred Saberhagen's Books of Swords
  • Larry Niven's Ringworld (so it would seem)

No comments: