Monday, September 09, 2024

Quotes - Part Thirteen

 

151.                   I’m sorry, but “non-fungible” will always mean “impossible to turn into a mushroom” to me.

--@DarkLiterata

152.                   I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars.

--Charles Darwin

153.                   I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

--Richard Dawkins

154.                   Living organisms are beautifully built to survive and reproduce in their environments.  Or that is what Darwinians say. But actually, it isn’t quite right.  They are beautifully built for survival in their ancestors’’ environments.

--Richard Dawkins

155.                   You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She’s 97 today and we don’t know where the hell she is.

--Ellen DeGeneres

156.                   The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.

--Neil deGrasse-Tyson

157.                   Reality is what refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.

--Philip K. Dick

158.                   Love: a season’s pass on the shuttle between Heaven and Hell.

--Don Dickerman

159.                   Personally, I like to surround myself with people who have extensive vocabularies, but nevertheless choose to say “fuck” a lot.

--@diemydarkling

160.               A god that does not manifest in reality is indistinguishable from a god that does not exist.

--Matt Dilahunty

No comments: