Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Quotes - Part Eleven

131.                   Light sabers don’t kill people. Jedis kill people.

--Jim Clark

132.                   Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

--Arthur C. Clarke

133.                   Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories

--Arthur C. Clarke

134.                   I find it so funny that “The Addams Family” is basically meant to be a caricature of what the polar opposite of the picturesque happy suburban family might look like, and part of that includes a husband that is deeply in love with his wife, and a wife that doesn’t resent her husband.

--Kentington Clarke

135.                   For safety’s sake, I try not to go to the ATM at night. I also try not to go with my four-year-old who likes to scream, “We got money! We got money!”

--Paul Clay

136.                   I think that all right‑thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not! But I’m sick and tired of being told that I am!

--John Cleese, “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”

137.                   Your blood relations are just your suggested pre-generated party members, but it’s perfectly okay to ditch as many of them as you like, and craft an entire party of Lizard-folk pyromancer instead or whatever suits you.

--Oliver Clegg

138.                   Sleeping with a military guy, and then telling him he can’t stay over because of the 3rd Amendment.

--@coolauntV

139.                   I don’t know who needs to hear this, but rest is not a reward.  You don’t have to earn rest.  You need rest.  You deserve rest.  You are worthy of rest simply because you are a living being.  And don’t ever feel guilty for taking time to rest.

--@coolurbanhippie

140.               My friend said, “Fahrenheit is how people feel.  Celsius is how water feels.  Kelvin is how the molecules feel.” And I can’t stop thinking about how much sense this makes.

--Kennedy T. Cooper

No comments: