Thursday, August 29, 2024

Quotes - Part Ten

 

117.                   What you see but cannot see over is as good as infinite.

--Thomas Carlyle

118.                   If you aren’t sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better.

--John Carmack

119.                   Note to self: pasty-skinned programmers ought not stand out in the Mojave desert for multiple hours.

--John Carmack

120.                   Maybe there is no actual place called Hell. Maybe Hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they’re eating sandwiches.

--Jim Carrey

121.                   As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life, so I became a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.

--Matt Cartmill

122.                   When you vote liberal, you are voting to teach children dinosaur propaganda.

--Ben Carson at the RNC

123.                   For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.

--Johnny Carson

124.                   A woman broke up with me and sent me pictures of her and her new boyfriend in bed together. Solution? I sent them to her dad.

--Christopher Case

125.                   There’s so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?

--Dick Cavett, mocking the TV‑violence debate

126.               You cannot possess me for I belong to myself, but while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give.  You cannot command me, for I am a free person, but I shall serve you in those ways you require, and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.  I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud at night, and the eyes into which I smile in the morning.  I pledge to you the first bite from my meat, and the first drink from my cup.  I pledge to you my living and dying, equally in your care, and tell no strangers our grievances.  This is my wedding vow to you.  This is a marriage of equals.

Celtic marriage vows (traditional)

127.               The objection to fairy stories is that they tell children there are dragons. But children have always known there are dragons. Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed.

--G.K. Chesterton

128.               I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

--Winston Churchill

129.               Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.

--Winston Churchill

130.               There are over 6 billion people on the planet, and a lot of them suck.

--Derek Clark, the-elite.net

No comments: