Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Quotes - Part Three

So the last two of this group are mine.  The first was conceived on a day when the balance of creation was totally in evidence; however, I don't remember the situation anymore.  The second, I came up with at a bar during school in Sacramento.  The wordplay just stuck with me.


22.                   I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead.

--Woody Allen

23.                   Sex is dirty only when it’s done right.

--Woody Allen

24.                   Sex without love is an empty experience, but, as empty experiences go, it’s one of the best.

--Woody Allen

25.                   Some guy hit my fender, and I said to him, “Be fruitful and multiply,” but not in those words.

--Woody Allen

26.                   Time is nature’s way of keeping everything from happening at once.

--Woody Allen

27.                   The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

--Altito

28.                   I don’t want to attack religious people; it feels like a sort of unkind thing to so, to attack religious people, because, you know, it’s too easy, and it feels like the battle has already been won.  But it just feels rude.  Like if you’re at a party and say, “Oh, how ridiculous.”  I feel at this point we have to treat people with kindness and love and respect, in the same way you’d treat a child running ‘round a party saying, “I’m a helicopter!”  And you can say, “Good for you!  We’re all having fun.  I’m a choo-choo train!”

--Simon Amstell

29.                   I have a Level 85 Dwarven paladin, an 82 shadow priest, and I’m currently leveling a warrior though Northrend, although I spend most of my time tanking instances in the Dungeon Finder.  I’ve held off on getting Mists of Pandaria because I got burned out on endgame progression after Wrath of the Lich King and the Cataclysm content is still new to me.  Plus monks seem redundant in an era of dual specialization and viable hybrid DPS, and while I know they’re well-established in the lore, Pandaren don’t appeal to me.  So, I’m wrapping up a Taunka questline in the Borean Tundra, trying to determine if I should go to Dragonblight or grizzly Hills, and now you know how I feel when you won’t shut up about sports.

--Nathan Anderson

30.                   A fun part of having a black cat is occasionally accidentally talking to a crumpled up black T-shirt on the floor.

--Sarah Anderson

31.               Any tool, when dropped, will roll into the least accessible corner.

--Anthony’s Law of the Workshop

32.               For every constructive act, there is an equal, and usually unrelated, destructive act.

--Erik Appel

33.               You can dig a good well, but you can’t dig a well well. You can dig a well well, but you can’t dig a well good.

--Erik Appel

No comments: