Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hemoglobin! Hemoglobin! We Want Blood!

This morning I had blood taken for work for the first time at since I've been at this company. It also the first blood I've had taken since I started getting tattoos.

Since we're going to be doing sampling for heavy metals for one of our clients, I've been asking that we be medically monitored for metals in our annual physicals. I've been asking for this for over a year. And since I'll be going in the field at the end of the month for this sampling, I began to ask a little more often and a little more strongly.

This was finally granted Monday, and so I went in today.

The woman that did the work was very nice, and I didn't jump when she put the needle in.

I can however still feel the pain from the needle in my arm and the occasional tingle all the way down to my fingers while I type.

No comments: