Tuesday, March 21, 2017

SLO Hiking

So, yesterday afternoon I went for a hike up Cerro San Luis Obispo.

It only took me 7 months...  Well, the hike took me an hour up, and forty minutes down, but it took me 7 months to get off my butt and do the hike.

If you're looking at the above link, I took the red trail to the peak.

It's a good climb, with some cool geology on the way, and some great vistas of San Luis Obispo.




So you can stitch these three together and get a full panorama of the view from the top.  The vertical metal rod is used for a Christmas tree.  A little downhill is a generator they use to light it.


This is a GPS monument in the rock at the peak.


I also took a video when I was at the top.  It is best viewed at half speed.  What it doesn't catch is the sound the swooping swallows made as they buzzed me.  I'm guessing they were going for bugs that were near me.  It was an amazing experience.

No comments: