Friday, August 08, 2008

Tattoo Thoughts

Let me lead off by saying that I am very happy with my tattoos. But there was that moment when I was getting them done when I started thinking, why am I doing this?

It reminded me of the feelings I got for the first month or so after my first one. I would catch sit of my back in the mirror, and I would think, "What have I done?" The first time that thought hit me, I nearly broke down into tears. I can't really explain why, because I was, and still am, very happy with the work, but ti was just seeing something new on your skin that will be there for as long as you live took some getting used to.

Last night's feeling happened after about three lines of the line work, and lasted for about 5 minutes. Then the endorphins kicked in, and it wasn't so bad. Not to say it didn't hurt, but it was slightly lessened.

No comments: