Thursday, January 27, 2011

Four Years and 10 Months

Today, two months shy of my 5-year anniversary with ETIC, I was let go.

I knew something was coming, because they had lost their contract with Exxon. Exxon had done a reverse auction for a lump sum cost to completion of the major remaining sites in northern California. The contract ended up going to another company, and my former management feels this company underbid quite a bit.

So I'm now looking. I will be getting a nice severance package, so I'm not under too much pressure, but I'll be starting my search in earnest next week.

I ask that everyone remain positive, and send only good thoughts my way. I have lots of friends and former co-workers who know or will soon know. I am sure I can find a new position somewhere soon.

No comments: