Wednesday, June 14, 2017

And Now, Some Sad News...

I had a bit of an accident last week.  My phone mount for my bike snapped off when I was going home.  I hit the transition from the parking lot to the street and it just snapped.

And what's worse, as I was realizing what happened, I wasn't able to stop in time and rode right over the phone and mount.

I walked my bike back dreading to see what had happened to the screen.

Below is what I saw.




However, it turned out that I got lucky.  The arms of the mount ended up taking most of the weight of my bike and me.  And the case mostly got damaged from the fall and tumble.  The only damage to the phone is a small dent on the mute button and the dent on the back.


I chatted with Apple and they recommended taking it in to a store to have it checked out.  The diagnostic was free, so not a bad idea.  I went in and everything checked out okay, so it's all cosmetic.

And it's not even visible when you have a case on it.  I'm planning on switching to a Google Pixel and Project Fi soon, so I got a case that only has to last 3 months.  And the one I got is so cool.  It's denim.



No comments: