Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Adrian Mole

Well, I think I did a good job of trying, but the depressing events in the books became to much, and I cannot read another book.

I read The Adrian Mole Diaries, Adrian Mole: The Lost Years, and Adrian Mole: The Cappuccino Years. However when it came to trying to read Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction, I had to throw in the towel.

Written by Sue Townsend, the books are done in a diary style, and showcase a boy growing into a man. And yet the man is not one you would want to know or even care about. I like British humor, and many British authors, but the humor in these books is either too dry for even me, or just non-existent. The first book was amusing, but the humor quickly went away in the other books. I probably tried harder than I normally would have, but I was trusting a friend's recommendation.

I'll have to ask her if she's actually read all of the books or just the first volume.

No comments: