Thursday, May 28, 2009

Laundry Day

... see you there...

Or not.

Anyway, did lots of laundry because I hadn't in a long while.

And I managed to finished Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs. I enjoyed the book, but it left me wanting more. Not in a bad way, but not the great way I am always hoping for. It was still the best of the Mercy Thompson series. And I look forward to more books in the series. Maybe it felt like a bridge to me. It had good action, tied up plot threads, and set a few possibilities up. And then again maybe this is the good feeling of wanting more.

I think what made it hard for me was being in a woman's head who is dealing with the aftermath of being raped. It's something that will (probability willing) remain completely alien to me. And still it is uncomfortable as a man to read about that situation. But certainly it says something for the author to be able to get those emotions across.

Now I move on to the third Kate Daniels book. And maybe I'll give myself permission to read my comic books again.

No comments: