Monday, May 04, 2009

And More Reading

Burning through the books lately, but then these have not been really difficult reads.

I read the supernatural short stories, and they were good. It's always nice to have additional Kelley Armstrong and Jim Butcher stories to read.

Two additional books I read this weekend were recommendations from Dian.

The Adrian Mole Diaries by Sue Townsend is a fun book written in diary form by a boy who begins the book at age 13 3/4. It's very British, with dry humor, and kind of sitcom-ish with the way things are misunderstood. There are two other books I have requested at the library, so I look forward to seeing how the tale goes.

Candy Freak by Steve Almond is a book written about the candy industry, focusing on the small candy producers. It turns out that I have a few dark chocolate bars from one of the plants that he visits. It wasn't a great book, but it was informative. It does make you crave candy while reading it though.

No comments: