Saturday, February 27, 2010

While the Wife's Away...

.. the husband reads.

Not that I wouldn't be reading anyway, but last night and today have been petty much dedicated to reading with only a slight break for a run for comics.

Last night, I finished Kim Harrison's Black Magic Sanction. I like that her character Rachel Morgan is no longer defined by making stupid decisions every third chapter. She's grown, and the book was wonderful to read. And of course, is set up for the next sequel.

This evening, I just finished Kelley Armstrong's Frostbitten. This one is back with the werewolves, especially with Elena as the main character. It read faster than the Harrison book, but was smaller. Still also a good femme-fantasy romp.

And now I'm on to Larry Niven and Edward M. Lerner's Destroyer of Worlds. I read the dedication and the dramatis personae.

The dedication: To Werner Heisenberg - Maybe

And the dramatix personae makes me near giddy to begin reading; it mentions the Pak.

No comments: