Monday, June 07, 2010

The Gold Car Returns

Friday I had a message from the man in charge of the repairs on my car that it would be ready on Monday, and that if I wanted to go over the work with him, he would be around on Tuesday as he was off on Mondays.

I decided I didn't want to wait an extra day, so as soon as I got the call that the car would be ready at 3:30, I headed out.

There ended up being a lot of great things about Mike Rose's Auto Body. The main thing being that I didn't have to pay for any of the work, and it ended up being around $2,000. they also have a great relationship with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. I was able to go straight to the auto shop and get my car and leave the rental there. Now I didn't ask about this, I wanted to make sure the car was ready to my satisfaction before I left, and while I was there they asked about my rental car.

And it turned out that they guy who did the work on my car just happened to come ion to work for a little bit today.

Finally, another nice thing was that they had done an estimate for me on some additional work on the car. Now I chose not to have the work done because it was very expensive, but... There was a dent on the trunk and a big chip on the strut beside the windshield on the driver's side. He painted those with a brush while I was dealing with the rental car. And he had taken what he could of the dent out by hand without charging me. I don't know if I would go back without insurance, but they sure were friendly and helpful with the work that they did.

No comments: