Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More Catching Up

So yes, I have fallen behind again.

Friday was pretty uneventful.

Saturday I spent with Jennifer and the Sorrellians at the American Tattoo Festival in Sacramento. It was much less attended than the Body Art Expo at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Steve and Lisa both got a couple small tattoos, and then we stuck around for the show.

Jennifer got to be a part of it.

They did fire eating, and contortions, and snake dancing. But at the beginning they did sword swallowing. And they called Jennifer out of the audience to go up and pull the long sword out of the man's throat. It was pretty impressive.

Sunday, being Father's Day, I spent with my parents. We went to Fenton's in Oakland, and then went home and tasted the Laphroaig Scotch I got Dad for Father's Day.

And then it was back to work. Things are going well for our Phase I project, and I am making corrections to all of the reports. it seems that we have an over zealous geologist with the company who felt that the lawyer-speak in the reports was not grammatically correct, and so she fixed it in the first report that ended up being used as the template by everyone else for all of the other reports.

So I'm spending my days with CTRL-H replacements, and inserting phrases to correct whole sections that got mauled. Plus I'm doing formatting since I'm the most experienced with TOCs in Word.

No comments: