Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playing catch-up

So a few things have fallen through the cracks on what's been going on, so I'll try to get to them today.

I finished Blood Bound a few days ago, and enjoyed it much more than Moon Called. It's hard to say why, but it was a better book. I liked some of the sub-plots like the man whose daughter had been turned into a werewolf, and although he and his wife had been keeping her in the basement in a cage, he was searching for a way to take care of her. The strength of the little exchanges between him and Marcy were surprisingly powerful. I'm on to Iron Kissed, and I'm hoping for more of those little bits of magic.

Monday night I watched "Southland Tales" written and directed by Richard Kelly. It's... odd. And this is coming from someone who loved "Donnie Darko". I really wanted to like it, but there are just little bits that still don't mesh. I think in about a month I'll have to watch it again and catch the parts that I missed. There are parts of it that I think are related to the "philosophy of time travel" from "Donnie Darko" too. I need to go over the elements again, but I have identified the artifact, and have some other ideas as well. There are even some images in the background that are silhouettes of Frank's rabbit mask. I think I will reserve complete judgement until a second viewing. And apparently there are three comic books that go ahead of the movie.

"A new quest has been accepted."

Jennifer and I are doing some planning. More news to come as it warrants.

No comments: