Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Jennifer surprised and corrupted me this evening. We were supposed to go to the gym when I got home. And then come home for a Mythbusters marathon to finish the shows we have recorded. Possibly with brownies and ice cream.

Instead she says, "'The Time Traveler's Wife' opened last week. Do you wanna go see it?"

Now just this morning (or perhaps yesterday morning), I read the review linked from YesButNoButYes, and they didn't like it.

I asked Jennifer if she wanted to read the review first. She said no, and I told her I would go with her.

We got there, and I was probably 1/3 of the male population in the theater. And about 3-5% of the total theater population.

The movie is not the book. We missed many things from the book, but the movie is still good.

It has a lot of the good points and very few changes.

Eric Bana is great as Henry. Rachel MacAdams does a good Claire. Alba is wonderful.

Again, it's not the book, but it would be great for anyone who has not read the book. And hopefully some of those people will buy the book and read it.

Yes, it is sappy, but it's also sweet.

I'd do another matinee priced viewing, and I'm sure we'll get the DVD.

No comments: