Thursday, July 01, 2010

Computer Games - Other Early Consoles

There were other console games that came out around the same time as the Odyssey2. We didn't own them, but I had friends that did.

The Atari 2600 was the common console. It had all the tie-in games, and the real name adaptations of arcade games. Of course lots of time those adaptations sucked because of the low resolutions graphics.

Another one of Chevron kids had an Intellivision. The weird thing with those games was the plastic insert you put in the controller to make it specific to the game. I can remember seeing the baseball game once and laughing at the voice synthesizer. The one game I remember most was one called "Snafu". It was just like Tron lightcycles.

One neighbor also had the Commodore 64. Now while I'm aware it was more than just a console game, it never really went anywhere other than that. The game I liked on that one was platform game where your stick figure character would have to work to get to the specific spell of the level, then use that spell to get back out. I wish I could remember the name of the game.

No comments: