Thursday, January 12, 2017

Temporal Perspective

So today was only a partial day for work as we got rained out in the morning and the site was too wet to work.

I went back to the hotel, did some swimming in the pool and soaking in the hot tub.  Then I needed to vacate my room while they cleaned it.

Then I ended up in the lobby and Del Shannon's "Runaway" came on the Muzak system.  Out of curiosity, I Shazamed it, and found out it was released in 1961.

That's approximately 55 years ago.

Recently. I've been thinking about the way we look back on music.  And thought, that that would be like being in 1975 and listening to music from 1920.

Now, I'm not saying that's out of the question, but think about it.

My parents liked to listen to music from the 50s.  Sitting in 1975 that roughly 20 years prior.  That's us listening to mid-90s music now.

In high school, I liked lots of different music, but a favorite was a digitally remastered collection of Glen Miller music.  That's about 45 years prior to 1986.  Right now that would put us in music from 1970.

So, yeah, now we get into a rabbit hole that I think I'll just leave right here.


No comments: