Thursday, January 05, 2017

Timing is Everything

So, this morning when I left the hotel it was wet.  Like, the rain stopped right before I left wet.  But t wasn't raining at that time, so I rode my bike.

Aside from the ride to the deYoung Museum, this was the first bike ride since the Thursday before Christmas.  And it was wonderful.

Sure, I was going to work, but it was getting back into a routine that felt good. If I'm going to be forced to be away from home for extended periods of time, then routine helps the time pass better.

And once again I was reminded that I have got to bring my fender with me.  My ass wasn't wet, but the muddy water spray up the back of my vest needs help.  Fortunately, it got on the vest and not my shirt.

And then not thirty minutes after leaving, and fifteen minutes after getting to work, it started to rain again.  And it rained at various strengths for another hour before stopping for good.

That is timing.

No comments: