Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Empowerment

What did I do yesterday?

Not much.

I'm reading Dacre Stoker's Dracula the Un-Dead, and since rock music doesn't go well with a turn of the century setting, I'm was listening to classical music in the gym. Two of the most motivating pieces of music came on: Richard Wagner's Die Meistersinger and Gustav Holst's "Mars: the Warbringer." That'll get your blood pumping.

And last night I did the big manly thing... I upgraded Jennifer's computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The only hiccup was when I tried to do it Monday night and had downloaded the 32-bit rather than the 64-bit version. Then this morning I finished up the install and got her mail program going. My only remaining bit now is reinstalling iTunes.

I got to thinking this morning about the Windows upgrades I've installed. My first computer came with Windows 3.1 (or was it 3.2?), and when I went to UK, I got the big Windows 95 upgrade. That was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it. Then when 98 came out, I got that too. I skipped Bob and Me, but XP excited me. Then with my latest computer, Vista came with it, and now I'm waiting for the upgrade disc to arrive. I rarely have any problems with upgrades, and that always gives me a big feeling of satisfaction.

No comments: