Sunday, October 04, 2009

Row, Row, Row Your Mind, Gently Down the Stream of Consciousness.

Oh, what a fine weekend it has been.

Friday I spent with my wife and a good friend of hers at the beach., Jennifer and I started out early, and got to her favorite beach just south of Stinson around 10:45. We went on to Stinson and bought food, and then waited for her friend to arrive. When Sydney arrived (with tiny Sky the dog in tow), we headed down the trail, and on to the beach. i was thrilled to see that the trail had been recently cleared and you could have almost driven a truck down the trail.

No fear of poison oak that day.

We spent the day lounging around, enjoying the sun and the water. Sydney ended up leaving around 2:30, and Jennifer and I stayed for a couple more hours sleeping and reading. we had intended to wait until sunset, but were getting too hungry. So we headed out and got to our favorite Indian restaurant in Sausalito about 5:00.

Then we wandered around burning off the beer we had each drunk, and ended up buying a beautiful flower arrangement for her, and a Dischidia pectenoides for me. I had one a few years ago, but it died. this one is budded out to bloom, and I am very excited to see what the flowers look like. I'll be taking it to work where it can get better sunlight than what we get at home.

***

Saturday, we cleaned house. We'd been a bit lax on cleanliness lately, and we picked up, wiped up, straightened up, and folded up. The house looks great now, and we made some decisions about Jennifer's sitting room. In a few weeks, we'll probably be going to IKEA again. And then I'll have some major assembling to do.

***

And today has been my day. Jennifer stayed home and eatched footall, and I went on a multi-space shopping spree.

Kind of.

I bought my comics, and had a chicken Philly cheese steak. I got a shirt, and jacket for myself, earrings for Jennifer, and basic supplies for the house. I had a wonderful time out, and Jennifer had wonderful time in.

***

Now I'm sitting watching Inside the Actors' Studio featuring Danny Devito. He and Rhea Perlman have been together for over 35 years.

That's pretty awesome.

No comments: