Friday, October 23, 2009

Reading

I quickly read Genesis by Bernard Beckett.

It's a small book, and is mostly written as a transcript, so it's a fast read. It seems very much like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

The book was very entertaining at the beginning, and through the middle, but the ending was unsatisfying. I wanted so much more from some of the other characters. There was much left hanging, that I wanted to learn about.

I was glad it was small, so it wasn't a big investment of time, but I could have been a better and larger novel.

***

And so now I move on to the "official" sequel of Bram Stoker's Dracula, called Dracula the Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt.

Dacre Stoker is the great-grand-nephew of Bram Stoker. I'm only into the first chapter, but I'm enjoying it. it is not written in a diary/letter format like the original, and it seems intriguing already. It begins 25 years after the end of the first book.

No comments: