Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Completed Books and Recommendations

Okay, I finished Zorro by Isabell Allende Thursday night. Okay, Friday morning, but still... I was glad for the events in Alta California, but it still left me wanting. Now, I enjoyed the narrative, but it just lacked excitement.

I've just now completed Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank by Celia Rivenbark. It had some really funny moments, but at the same time, I found parts of it lacking.

So I'll be starting a new book tomorrow by C. H. Dalton entitled A Practical Guide to Racism. It's a recommendations from Jennifer even though she hasn't read it yet, but I've got good feelings about it.

But for a really good series of books, I heartily recommend Christopher Moore. His early (Island of the Sequined Love Nun, and The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove) books have some trouble, but after that he's off to the races. Practical Demon Keeping and Blood Sucking Fiends, are really great. My two favorites of his are Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, and A Dirty Job. They're incredibly funny.

No comments: