Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erik, Arachnid Hunter

This morning I got a call from Jennifer. Slightly panicked she said that there was a huge spider in the dining room. she said she had gotten Pom out of the house, and covered the spider with a bowl.

I asked her about it and she said she could see the hairs on it like a tarantula. she said she would send me a picture of it. So I waited for the picture. it wasn't what I was expecting, but I did appreciate the nickel for size. She's truly become the wife of a geologist, although I tended to use individual Starbursts in the field.

After I finally got the picture (which I will try to post tomorrow, my phone's battery has died), I texted her to let her know that I would take care of it at lunch, and that she didn't have to worry about it, because I knew she had an appointment around then.

So at the beginning of my lunch break, I drove home and found this in the dining room.


I took a few pictures, and then thought about what I needed to do to get rid of the spider.


Finally, I thought of universal disposal, and got an edgeless cookie sheet out, and slid it under the bowl. This agitated the spider, and I got a better picture of him.


After the next set of pictures, I took him to the bathroom, and slid him off into the toilet bowl.

And then he went the way of all things.

Later, I told Jennifer everything was okay, and that I was keeping the nickel as me hero's fee.

No comments: