Thursday, February 26, 2009

Domestication

I guess there just comes a time when you have to admit to yourself that you are domesticated. Tonight I ironed probably two dozen shirts.

Most were silk, and the majority of the rest were cotton. I've gotten fed up with cleaners. They break buttons and add too much starch, and can't get out stains, so I did it all myself. I already do all the laundry because I'm better at it, but I can't expect Jennifer to iron my shirts. She's as busy as I am with her work.

But now I see why my mom did it watching television. I watched "Inside the Actor's Studio" with Chris Rock as the guest, and then I watched Clerks 2 while I ironed.

And now I'm ready for bed. And I doubt I'll be wearing any of these shirts for a month since I'm not going to be needing any nice clothes out in the field.

No comments: