Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Sense of Pleasance

Today I got the opportunity to spend with an old friend from college. We'll call her Dian.

After seeing the condition in which she left me emotionally nearly 15 years ago, some might wonder how I could still call her a friend. But she's one of those that you just remain friends with. She's very intelligent, and has a way about her that you just want to talk to. She's fun to be around.

And she's very pretty.

She was in the area for an interview, and asked if I could give her a ride there while her sister was working. We met at DVC, had lunch at Monsoon Masala, and drove to Mill Valley. And we kept up a constant string of conversation. It was wonderful.

I learned today that the Bay Area is really not that big. Not two blocks from the theatre she was interviewing at is a burrito place that my family and extended family ate at a couple years ago near Christmas after walking around Muir Woods.

After the interview we drove back, I dropped her off with her sister and she headed off to see her mom.

I'm rooting for her to get the job in the summer, and not just for the chance to see her again. She's very confident, and one of those people you (or I, at least) just want to see succeed.

No comments: