Friday, June 19, 2009

32 Days and Year Nine

For third grade I had Mrs. Henry (a quick memory flash gives me: Mrs. Diebold for kindergarten, Mrs. Kinney for first grade, Miss (?) Rose for second in Kentucky, and Mrs. Clarke for second in California). In this year we made foam monster puppets that we painted with fluorescent colors.

And we built model rockets. This was when they came with balsa fins, and blank tubes that had to be glued together and painted to look good. Then with special dispensation from the local fire department (and an observer), we had a special day where the entire class got to launch their rockets one at a time.

I think by this time I had resolved myself to be Californian, and enjoyed the nice weather, the lack of tornadoes, and the occasional earthquake.

No comments: