Wednesday, June 10, 2009

40 Days and Year One

I was born on July 20, 1969.

On this day Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed and walked on the moon.

Mom and Dad have always said I born between the landing and the walking. However looking at the facts and vaguely remembering my time of birth, it looks like I was born just before the landing. I'll have to check the exact time of birth when I get home.

I was born in Kentucky across the river from Cincinnati. The water in the area was of course affected by the Ohio River, and was highly chlorinated and fluoridated. This fluoridation is what gave me such hard teeth (no cavities until I was 30), but also stained them internally and exaggerated the ridges.

Somewhere in this year apparently I said my first word, one that is also my mother's favorite curse word. It's still the default I use when I'm frustrated: Shit.

No comments: