Monday, June 22, 2009

Reading Update

On the flight to New York, I burned through the entire book of The Thief Lord by Cornelia Caroline Funke. It was light, and fun with some good stuff. It could have taken place in the past hundred years, and the technology made it a bit jarring, but a good read for a plane flight. Especially for a "juvenile" book.

I tried reading The Drunkard's Walk by Leonard Mlodinow again, skipping over the rest of the first chapter and moving on to the meat of the book. It was better, but soon, devolved into too much math without showing the math. I learned I need more equations in my math.

When we got home, I took a quick trip to the library to get a book before I missed it (having been told just before the library closed on the Saturday before I left that it was in and I had a week to pick it up). So over the weekend between sleeps, I read Fool by Christopher Moore. If you like Shakespeare at all, or are even familiar with the cliches that the Bard created, then you will enjoy this book. It is well done as the best of Moore's books are.

No comments: