Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sensory Flashback

I had a Coke today.

There was one in the break room up for grabs. So I grabbed. Normally, I'm a Pepsi guy, but free caffeine and all.

Also in the break room were brownie bites.

One sip of coke and a bit of the brownie, and suddenly I'm back in my junior year of high school in Maryland.

At the end of the school day, when I had been allowed to borrow the car and not take the bus, I would be able to hang around the band room, and chat with fiends. Outside of the band room were two vending machines: Coke and candy. And my typical after-school-at-school snack was a Coke and M&Ms.

So in my flashback, I can see my friends, and the band room. The white floor tiles. The hand rail that led to the back stage.

Strange times, and good times.

No comments: