Monday, November 24, 2008

Tenaya Rocks

And Saturday's climax was seeing "Tenaya Rocks!" at Stage Werx.

We walked from our favorite parking spot behind Kennedy's to Union Square, and watched the ice skaters before the show. Then we headed down Sutter, and went to the show.

Put on by Tenaya Hurst, the show was... well, I can only call it geology filk. Not that that is a bad thing. I think my favorites were the new lyrics to "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend."

Tenaya was a thrill to watch and hear. Jennifer and a friend had been to see the show opening night, and we were lucky enough to get tickets for closing night.

The blending of science, songs, and sexuality went beyond what Jennifer had described to me. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and will be tracking Tenaya in the future. I just wish I had been able to see the show sooner, so that I could have shared the good news and humor with some of the other geologists I know.

And I should say that none of the geology students at Sacramento, or Kentucky looked like her.

No comments: