Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fascinating Weather

Yesterday's weather was exceptionally odd. I left the office at 3:30 to get to Costco to order a new box of contacts, and came out to the parking lot to see a low nearly black sky. Looking around, there were portions of sky to the west that were clear, bright, and blue, but what was over the east bay was ominous. Add to that the insane winds whipping the trees, and anywhere else in the country you could expect really nasty storms. I drove on, and only got some sprinkles.

After spending minimal time inside, I went out, bought gas, and drove home. Then it really rained on me. it reminded me of films of desert storms with the way it would taper off and then downpour even thought I was traveling in relatively a straight line.

I got home, changed, and went to the gym.

The drive was lightly rained on, and stopped by the time I got to the gym. it dried off while I was inside, but then when I was about 10 minutes from being done, it opened up again. While I'm walking to nowhere on the elliptical, I'm watching the waves of rain travel across the parking lot.

But the best part was the people all concern about their hair and clothes as they went in and came out of the gym. Now these are people who are already sweaty or planning on getting sweaty, and yet they are covering their hair and clothes (workout only that I saw). I had to laugh.

Then when I walked out to my car, I got to enjoy some rain and soft hail.

Finally as I was on my approach to home, I got to see that it had snowed on Mt. Diablo and the neighboring beak. And from my perspective there was a rainbow across the main peak. I wish I'd had a better camera than the crappy one on my camera at the time.

No comments: