Monday, April 20, 2009

An RPG Update

Life in roleplaying has been interesting of late.

With regards to miniature painting, I have discovered a new "tool". I am painting a centaur for Holly in my beginning GURPS group, and I wanted to make sure I had the right colors for her character. So I printed up full page pictures (pixelly, granted, but I'm not publishing these), and had her tell me, in general, what colors to put where. Then I took the sheet home this weekend and filled them in with colored pencils. The rough painting went amazingly fast. I tried taking pictures to share with her, but the figure is too small for easy focusing. I'm going to have to work on it. Anyway, I'm about half done with the centaur, and very happy with the results so far.

Moving next to the high level fantasy campaign, I'm still on a cliffhanger ending. My character, an Elf, was up against a dark knight, and I attempted to remove him by casting Entombment, a spell that send the subject ten feet underground in a state of suspended animation. He reflected the spell back on me, and I failed the resistance. So I sent myself ten feet underground into a state of suspended animation. On top of this I have a spell regularly cast that makes it difficult to find me using magical methods. I succeeded by a strong margin the last time I cast it and will be under the influence of that spell for 5 or 6 more hours.

And finally, there's the psionics campaign. Yes, we did dumb things, but my teleporter got away slightly panicking from the effects of claustrophobia. In an attempt to gather some more equipment, I got into a confrontation with some men with powerful guns. One managed to hit me with a shot, and though it didn't kill me, I had to immediately teleport to a hospital emergency room for care. And so that adventure ended with me in surgery.

I'm looking forward to the resolution of both of these dilemmas in the future.

No comments: