Friday, April 17, 2009

White Witch, Black Curse

I think what intrigues me the most about Kim Harrison's books are their titles. Basing them on Clint Eastwood movies is really fun.

Although I need to look and see if Eastwood had anything to do with Dead Man Walking... (Not according to IMDB)

Anyway, this one stumped me a bit until I remember the movie of some famous author hunting in Africa: White Hunter, Black Heart.

As for the book, it's been great over the arc of the books to see Rachel Morgan become (mostly) responsible. She actually thinks before she gets herself into trouble, and does her damnedest to get herself out what she ends up in instead of going "woe is me" through half of the book. Harrison also ties in two short stories she wrote in Dates from Hell, and Holidays are Hell. The first is about Rachel as an eighteen-year-old, and the second is essentially how Ivy get matched up with Rachel in Inderland Security.

It only took me a little over two days to read, but this book will hold me until the next one. However, I am definitely eager for more.

No comments: