Wednesday, July 08, 2009

12 Days and Year Twenty-Nine


This year things began to turn around.
I took some time out from Kentucky, and went to my 10 year high school reunion. I didn't see a lot of people that I had been friends with. Mostly this was because they were still local and saw who they wanted to see.
But the one I did see was a friend from the band I had not seen since her birthday party 10 years previously.
Jennifer and I spent a lot of time talking, and traded phone numbers. The next day I saw driving up to Sacramento to see the gang up there, and Jennifer and I met for lunch. We traded e-mails then, and said we'd keep in touch.
Over the next few months, I finished up at UK, and Jennifer and traded lots of e-mails with jokes and questions. We learned quite a bit about each other.
For Christmas, my parents brought me back to California, and Jennifer and I began dating.
The end of that April, I started at Kleinfelder as a field/lab tech, and really settled into the next stage of my life to come.
By my twenty-ninth birthday, I was very happy.

No comments: