Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Books

I'm having trouble again with the book I'm reading. the first chapter stared out well, but I've been finding just about anything to do but try to finish the second chapter.

The first chapter set the book and got my attention. Then the second chapter suddenly goes into the background of what I take to be the main character. We've gone back to her childhood (briefly), gone over her relationship to and the funeral of her grandfather, and I find myself having a hard time caring.

It's like getting on an express train, but then after the fist mile, suddenly being switched to a slow, multi-stop track.

I've got another book in at the library that is more Disney secrets, but this time on Disney World. I'll probably read that and try to come back to this one.

No comments: