Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Irulan Moment

Yeah, so I forgot to mention to whole reason behind the trip to Monterey: Sunday marked the eleventh year since Jennifer and my first date.

Way back in 1998, I invited her to a picnic in Golden Gate park. Now thinking back this was insanely optimistic as we were experiencing an El Niño event. But as it turned out, that Saturday was the one day without rain for a month in either direction.

I had prepared marinated/grilled pork tenderloin, shrimp cocktails, crackers with goat cheese (her favorite), and Grand Marnier chocolate mousse. I keep the picture I took of her that day on my desk at work.

The day turned into a "Many Views of San Francisco". We stopped first at Treasure Island, then went to the Palace of the Legion of Honor, Twin Peaks, and the had the lunch n the park. After eating, we went down to Fisherman's Wharf, walked around, and got clam chowder in a bread bowl. We think we got the last ones the guy sold, because 10 minutes later when we were walking back to the car, he was gone as if he had never been there. The day ended with a stop at Treasure Island again to see the city at night.

No comments: