Monday, January 26, 2009

A Visit to the Library

Sunday night I finished Living with the Dead. It was good, but not up to Kelley Armstrong's usual.

I tried to read Inside Inside by James Lipton, but as wonderful as it is to hear him speak, I could not handle his writing style. The sentences are too long, and I kept skipping around. It brought back what it was like to read Charles Dickens, and I hate Dickens. I will continue to watch Inside the Actors Studio and hear Lipton speak, and be happy with that.

Today I burned through David Gerrold's The Martian Child which is an account of his adoption of an 8-year-old boy. It's very good, and significantly different from the movie.

Then I read the last Berkeley Breathed book that I know of: Pete and Pickles. It's silly, but a fun little kids book that is beautifully illustrated in typical Breathed fashion.

And now I am on to Karen Miller's Empress. We shall see how it goes. I am hopeful.

No comments: