Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Library Day and News

Yesterday I went to the library and got a big stack of books that I had requested. Several were by Berkeley Breathed, and were ones I had never picked up for myself. They were fun, and interesting to see what he did between "Bloom County" and "Outland", and then in between "Outland" and "Opus".

Then today I saw news from something I find amazing. SD is going to be releasing a 1 TB card. Now granted it's going to be expensive, and may take a bit to come out, but still it's amazing. In a space smaller than one square inch, there will be storage for 1 terabyte. Bloody incredible.

And then there's the competitive ranking of jobs. Geologists are on page 2, but we're ranked #30. I can get behind that, but I am still below average in salary. A lot closer than I used to be when I was at Kleinfelder though.

1 comment: