Friday, January 16, 2009

Reading is... Freaking Awesome

Wednesday night, I finished Counting Up, Counting Down by Harry Turtledove. It's a fun read, but there were stories I didn't care for from some of his series I don't read.

I had a working lunch yesterday, so I didn't start my next book until last night.

And then I finished it last night. Okay, technically this morning, but 12:30 AM hardly seems like morning.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman is awesome. I didn't want to pout it down, and was a little short with Jennifer when she came home because it had interrupted my reading. The story is compelling, and reads fast as it's another "juvenile" book. Gaiman admits in the notes it's a little inspired by Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book" (which I caught on to about halfway through), but I also saw some Johnny and the Dead by Terry Pratchett in there as well.

It's another one of Gaiman's I'm going to have to buy.

No comments: